At 06:32 PM 22/06/2007, Harvey Best wrote:
I have a Toshiba laptop running Win XP Home. All updated. Running Zone Alarm and Network Magic. (Don't believe this is the problem though). I was adding a new user in User setup to be able to access the local library free WiFi when I am at my vacation place.

In taking things out of the startup file I have screwed something up.

I get a message now that the user profiles are corrupted. It just loops the same error messages over and over.

I'd boot to a recovery prompt (using the CD) then do this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545

(I have a batch file that does it for me, but it's at work, and I can't remember all the details.)