  From: Harvey Best
  To: The Hardware List
  Sent: Friday, June 22, 2007 10:06 PM
  Subject: RE: [H] Toshiba Laptop and XP Home Boot Problem

  I have indeed read that. But, I can not log in, even in safe mode to make any
changes. I can not even get a safe mode command
prompt.

  Harvey

  > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  > To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
  > Subject: Re: [H] Toshiba Laptop and XP Home Boot Problem
  > Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 21:37:05 -0400
  >
  > Which startup file did you change?,
  > and have you seen this?
  > <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811151>
  >
  > Rick Glazier
  >
  > From: Harvey Best
  > I have a Toshiba laptop running Win XP Home. All updated. Running Zone
Alarm and Network Magic. (Don't believe this is the
problem
  > though). I was adding a new user in User setup to be able to access the
local library free WiFi when I am at my vacation place.

  > In taking things out of the startup file I have screwed something up.
  >
  > I get a message now that the user profiles are corrupted. It just loops the
same error messages over and over.

  > I have tried Safe Mode, no go.
  >
  > Safe mode command prompt, no go.
  >
  > De bug, no go.
  >
  > All options that were availible I tried.
  >
  > I have the recovery disk, but that wipes the hdd. There are pictures of the
grand kid there I don't want to lose.

  > Any ideas?
  >
  > Maybe re-install Win Xp over the existing to see if that if fixes it?

  Play free games, earn tickets, get cool prizes! Join Live Search Club.   Join
Live Search Club!