From: "Anthony Q. Martin"
Subject: Re: [H] FAT32 under WinXPSP2

Nothing worked.....format /FS:fat32 would crap at the end saying the volume was too big. Finally, I used Acronis to set the type for FAT32 after the volume was id as NTFS....

FORC5 wrote:
can do from drive management
fp

At 12:39 PM 7/4/2007, Anthony Q. Martin Poked the stick with:

of course, you can't format a folder....but neither of my systems will offer the option for a FAT32 format via right click on a drive icon... even disk administrator won't do it. And that's for a lowly 40 GB drive, too. I could drop to a command box and get it done with the format e: /fs:fat32 option that Thane mentioned, however.

Winterlight wrote:

Doesn't seem to be an option that shows up in explorer w/ a right click /
format operation.

you have to be in non folder...icon view to format from explorer