any idea if this works in XP Home ?

Have never had a problem with pro, seems there is always the little check box
to remember which is NOT on home machines. I have had to do the same user/pw on
customer boxen to keep them all on their networks and figure there has to be a
way to have home remember. Some obscure tool that is not there.

Thanks

At 08:24 AM 7/26/2007, Tharin Olsen Poked the stick with:
>Many ways to go about doing this, generally this a permissions issue on the
>machine hosting the shared directory.
>
>Try mapping the drive from "My Computer" using  Tools > Map Network Drive.
>Fill in the appropriate share path then click the text link that reads
>"Connect using a different name" you can enter a different username/password
>there. If you check the box to reconnect at logon it will continue to map the
>drive after a reboot.
>
>The command for creating shares is "net use", its good for scripts or
>autostart stuff.
>
>net use [DriveLetter:] "[\\ComputerName\ShareName]" password /user:username
>
>net use N: "\\computer-1\thanes warez" foobar /user:foo
>
>-Tharin O.
>
>Thane Sherrington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>I have two XP Pro machines. I'm sharing a folder on one and mapping
>it on the other and drive N: - it wants a username/password (which
>has to be entered each time.) I know I've setup XP Pro like this
>where it just remembered the password and didn' t prompt
>everytime. How do I do this so it just maps on boot up and doesn't bother me?

Tallyho ! ]:8)
Taglines below !
--
You cannot kill time without injuring eternity.