As you already guessed, you should be safe with a 120gb drive. Chances are, you
would be fine with a 160gb as well.

A system bios that does not support 48-bit LBA has a capacity barrier at 137gb.
However, as long as the hard drive is recognized in some way by the laptop you
should be able to utilize the full capacity of the drive when using an OS that
has its own support for 48-bit LBA. Microsoft Windows XP w/ Service Pack 2 and
Vista both have this support. Win 2K and earlier Windows XP versions require a
patch/registry modification.

Richard Kim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: I'm about to upgrade the hard drive in
this laptop and would like to know
what the largest capacity drive I can install. Lenovo seems to only offer
upto 80GB upgrade drives. And I've heard people stating the 160GB won't be
recognized. Logically, I think the largest capacity HDD I would be able to
use in this laptop would then be the 120GB ones. Does anyone know for sure?
Thanks.

-rich