I am finally ready to cut the cord after using Ubuntu for a couple
months now.  I am currently dual-booting with Windows on the first
partition and Ubuntu on the 2nd and would like to get rid of windows
but need to make sure I'm not going to fubar my Ubuntu install.

Is grub installed on the first (ie windows) partition?  In other
words, by removing that partition is it going to have an effect on
getting the system to boot?

Also, will removing that partition change the order and mapping of
partitions in Ubuntu?  RIght now my structure is as follows in order
from first partition to last on the HD:

/dev/sda (my only HD)
/dev/sda1 (windows ntfs partition)
/dev/sda3 ((ubuntu ext3 partition)
/dev/sda2 (extended patition)
/dev/sda5 (linux swap within the extended)
/dev/sda6 (fat32 within the extended)

--
Brian Weeden