I love Sirius radio.  When I first heard about it, my reaction was
"Who would pay for radio?"  Then my wife got me one for Christmas a
couple years ago and now I can't imagine not having it.

I haven't tried to use mine indoors.  I'd guess you have to rig up an
antenna outdoors or pointed out a window with a line of sight to the
satellite.  Also, I'm not sure how portable they are outside the car.
I use mine only in the car with a hard-wired antenna.  I've heard that
the reception for the models you place on the dash with their own
built-in antenna isn't as good, but I don't have any first-hand
experience.  I know they're not really designed to be walk-around
devices like portable FM radios, and I don't think they work well
without a direct line of sight to the satellite.  I've read that in
some big cities they have ground repeaters that might help with using
a radio indoors.  My radio has the ability to save songs and then
detach the device and listen to saved songs like an MP3 player.

Lately, they've been hyping a new device designed to provide in-house
access to Sirius content through a broadband Internet connection, so
that may be an indication that using the satellite radios themselves
indoors doesn't work well.

All that aside, the content is great, especially if you're in your car
for 2-3 hours a day.  You can buy them at all the usual electronic
outlets.  Sirius sells the hardware directly and sometimes they offer
some pretty good deals.