From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Anthony Q. Martin
Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2007 10:15 AM
To: The Hardware List
Subject: [H] Better Vidcard for Old System?

Ok...I know my PC is getting old.....since I don't play games, I've been
forcing myself to stay off the upgrade curve so much...I'm still running
a Pentium 4 @ 3.06 GHz with 2 GB ram and plenty of HD space.  I have an
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro AGP driving the displays.  I just added a second
Samsumg 204B and I'm running both at 1600 x 1200.  XPSP2 is the O/S.

Questions:

1) Is there a better vidcard for this system for 2D? It needs to be AGP.

Comment: I'm not playing any games these days (not that I wouldn't like to).

2) Also, for mostly office work (I do manipulate graphics), should I
really consider upgrading this machine?

Comment: I do like "new", but I like to get some real-world bang for my
buck.  Just knowing I have the latest and greatest ain't good enough any
more.

Comment: Seems like Vista would just nullify any gains I'd get from an
upgrade.

Thanks.