wow, I installed Bioshock without a hiccup on the XP system you built for me Chris. It runs beautifully with almost all the settings maxed out. I have AVG, AdAware and Spybot, and have not had a single issue yet. That's not to say it won't happen but at this point Bioshock is a visually beautiful and extremely immersive gaming experience and one that hasn't created a single problem for me so far other than getting toasted by the bad guys because I'm too busy gawking at the pretty stuff.

----- Original Message ----- From: "CW" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2007 2:21 PM
Subject: [H] The Disaster that is BioShock

Thank goodness someone else had these thoughts and put them to pen:

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=41921

Let me add what is not in the above:

Running Vista 64 bit?  Prepare for wild, uncontrollable crashes at random.
Have K-Lite or other CODEC packs installed? Good luck avoiding blue screens. Run AVG Antispyware or Ad-Aware 2007? Prepare for the software to not run.

What garbage