EISA configuration partition on Dell WTF

I am not a NUB and I have seem  and run EISA config in years gone by. ( even
still have some EISA HW laying around )

What the heck is the 32 meg partition for on Dell's ? or is this just something
left over from the old days. I suspect maybe some dell diagnostics or such but
find no such tools on this system I am getting ready to restore. ( full wipe )
I am afraid if I delete that partition my restore disk ( a rtm xp home ) may
not id the system. I guess I could clone the thing first but I am already in
the hole on this one. My life :-[

Fred
Thanks

--