How do you tell if a PC has a bad PS?

One of the reasons I'm trying to upgrade is because my "other" PC is crapping out on my. It's a Pentium 4 3 GHz, with 1 GB of ram, an ATI 9800Pro, 3 WD 200 GB HDs, 2 DVD Drives, 1 floppy, and 1 usb/firewire interface. It's in a lanboy case with a 350 W PS. ASUS mobo...

I was just now playing around with converting a .tivo file into a Dvix file just for testing, as it's been working fine for the last 3 days just being on. Well, all of a sudden it just reboots. It's been doing flaky stuff like this for ages, even before my last format/reinstall. The system is really clean now and fully patched. Yet, I cannot get it to run in a stable fashion to use for anything.

Because this is driving me nuts, I'm going to trash most of it (probably keep the HDs and opticals) and get a new PC (then this PC will become my "other" PC).

Some of you are no doubt experts and getting to the bottom of what could be wrong...I've done all kind of swaps on this machine, including the ram. Still, it does the same thing. I even took the processor off and reapplied goo and stuff. I've not changed out the PS, though.

Life is too short, methinks.....