Oh, thanks...hadn't even thought of that...

Steve Tomporowski wrote:
Depending on the age of the system, don't forget to examine the MB for
bulging caps....

Steve

On 9/12/07, Anthony Q. Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thane Sherrington wrote:
At 04:45 PM 12/09/2007, Anthony Q. Martin wrote:

Yeah, I was thinking that.  I guess as a test, perhaps, I could
remove most of the HDs and opticals and see if that helps things.  I
also had an external HD plugged into a USB port, but I don't think it
draws much power from it has it also plugs into the electrical
socket. Thanks.
I would think pulling everything internal you don't need, and seeing
if that stablizes it would be a good idea.  Of course, the PS could be
damaged from overload, but I'd try it.  If you want, send me the list
of all internal components and your power supply amps for the rails,
and I can give you an idea if it's overloaded.

Thanks, Thane.  Here is the info:

Antec SL 350 SmartBlue.
+5V: 35A
+12V: 16A
+3.3V: 28A
-5V:0.5A
-12V: 0.8A
+5VSB: 2.0A

5V, 3.3V, and 12V: 330 W max
5V, 3.3V combined: 230 W max

Mobo: Asus P4C800 Deluxe
CPU: P4 3.00 GHz
3 WD 2000JB HDs
Radeon 9800 Pro
Pioneer DVD 106D
Pioneer DVD 109
3.5inch Floppy
1GB RAM (2x512 HyperX RAM)
USB/Firewire noname 3.5 inch bay device.
2 80mm stock case fans
stock CPU HS/FAN

I think that pretty much covers it.