My *old* pioneer slot dvd reader has not worked in awhile, sometimes will read
CD's but DVD's no way. My burner is a NEC 3550a, great unit. Mush better then
my experience with a SCSI NEC rom years ago :'(

Figure I should replace this with another dvd burner and I figured ( for grins
) why not get a lightscribe capable. Looking at them is a dizzy experience, why
doe LiteOn say make so many different models that seem to do the same thing.

Anyway in the middle of a rebuild and I was open for suggestions on brand.
Mostly will be used as a reader but I figure why not dabble a little with
lightscribe
FWIW upgrade to  system: replacing 3200 barton, been awhile :-( ought to be a
good jump for me.
Asus m2n-e
GeForce 8600GT 512 meg ddr3
AMD A64 X2 6000