exact same MB I am currently driving, have never had a problem with it but I
always shy away from ATI video. do not like, have always had problems with them.
When installing on the sata drive did you hit f6 and use the sata drivers ? I
have seen clones of w2k do this, no idea why, even on intel mb's. w2k was very
fussy.
any error message on Blue screen ?
seems to me these are generally software or device driver problem related, but
has been awhile since I seen one.
my system is 2 wd 500gb sata drives and two pata dvd's ( rom and burner) video
is 7600gs, 2 gb of corsair xms
If it were me, and the bug started with the sata drive I might be tempted to go
back to pata boot, if not for no other reason then to test it.
Also, I hope you did not update the sata drivers from ms update. very bad.

good luck
fp

At 07:54 PM 9/29/2007, Winterlight Poked the stick with:

--
Tallyho ! ]:8)
Taglines below !