No, I wasn't aware usenet.com was being sued....

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2007/10/riaa-sues-usene.html

RIAA can cry all day long, usenet (the protocol) has
been around too long to
suddenly be labeled as having no greater purpose than
facilitating copyright
infringement not to mention good luck shutting it
down.

Sue Usenet.com as a facilitator encouraging piracy,
good luck. About as much
chance as suing an ISP for having a DMCA violator for
a customer, which is not
at all. Good news is even though uploaders have to
expose the IP's to the public
and they don't seem to be going away.

ISP's care more about you serving up connections to
100's of people than maxing
out your pipe using 20 connects to one server
downloading.

Brian Weeden wrote:
> You do realize that Usenet got sued last week by the
RIAA?  Now the
> lawsuit was against usenet.com and really can't
touch the real usenet
> but it's not like it will stay a haven forever.
>
> With the new DPI (deep packet inspection) hardware
becoming more and
> more popular multimedia downloads of any size are
going to come under
> increasing suspicion and the ISPs are going to start
throttling
> anything they don't like.
>
> Kinda sucks when you can't even use the connection
you paid for.