Rick,
Hey?! What can I say? It was the first thing that came to mind in the middle of "nothing else seems to work ATM!" The tin foil will go away in the am, maybe.......LOL!

Yes, I'd like to fix my collection at the NID, but until I dig around in the crawl space and find where the current phone line ground goes, I can not yank the old corroded terminal off the house. The NID is "grounded" to the old terminal block's ground(!) Could not convince the phone guy to just drive a new ground rod for the NID.

What kind of "big" whole house filter are you talking about?
Best,
Duncan