Well, no. Not in the version of Nero that I am using.
At 22:26 12/19/2007 -0800, you wrote:
In Nero there will be an option to create a cd from an Image

Nope, have not seen this. I have /make data cd/ or /make bootable cd/.

as opposed to making a plain old "Data cd". I'm afraid you did the latter and this is a common mistake by folks who haven't really dealt with disc images before.

have made both. Neither has worked.

 Depending on whether you are using Nero, Nero Express

Believe it is Nero Express. /It was a free cd with my dvd burners from AOpen. Says v6.0.

, or the Nero gui frontend, the option to do it is in a different place. If need be, check the 'Help' in Nero.

I will.............later.

I'm sure they have a section dedicated on the proper way to burn ISO and other cd image formats.

-Tharin Olsen
thanks for the good pointers, again......
Best,