Yes, Ben understood what I meant. It would make more sense and wouldn't seem
innovative in any fashion if you had dealt with multi-displays before.

I have two soundcards, onboard audio + pci soundcard w/ optical out. My htpc
apps are assigned to direct audio output to the addon card.

This machine isn't meant for 24/7 dual tuner PVR use or anything. I just use it
to play my digital audio archives and encoded videos on an onkyo receiver and
42" lcd tv. I can control my media stuff with an IR remote.

I'm testing out Linux but am mainly running this rig under Windows XP MCE 2K5.

I have a dedicated htpc in my home but it is a low power system that streams
video and audio off a server over a gigabit network (not necessary). I bought a
pulled Core Duo mobile processor off of ebay for $30 and installed it on a
mini-itx motherboard. H264 encodes play great with CoreAVC codec because it can
utilize multiple processors.

-Tharin O.

Ben Ruset <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: There's no VM in what he was talking about.

His setup is the same as if you had a desktop with two monitors. Windows
handles driving the two monitors.