This does not look like s good deal to me.
I just built a GIGABYTE box much cheaper.
I have had bad experience with Tiger, too.
Check out Geeks.com, Newegg.com or Mwave.com even.
I use Mwave pretested bundles usually.
Sam

GPL wrote:
Hi folks, and happy new year. Working with a friend to help build a
decent gaming PC. His PC is about 5 years old and he wonders why all
games he tries to run on that system run horrible.

I have been assembling a list of parts on my side to present him for
the build but last night he emailed me a link to a barebones kit with
the case I showed him earlier that had a decent price to it. Here is
the link:

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3442434#CPU%20Disclaimer

I'm going to price more items individually, but at first glance this
doesn't look like too terrible a deal. I have stayed away from cases
and kits that come with power supplies in the past because they were
usually lower quality power supplies.  This one comes with a 600watt
Ultra X-Finity SLI Ready Power Supply. We are going with an 88 series
nvidia, not super high end, but mid range and would have the option to
SLI it in the future. But its not a deciding factor.

I would really appreciate your opinion on if barebones kits are
something you folks stay away from or in your experience has it been
better to get individual parts?

Always appreciate everyones feedback.

Thanks, I'll keep researching on my side.