Well, there's cheap RAM and then there's cheap RAM :)

Geil is cheap but isn't in anyway an "economy" brand, they make quality
components, just at the cheaper end of the quality branded RAM range and seem
to offer a lot of bang for your buck.

There is no reason at all why OCZ RAM should have issues but 2 different types
of their DDR2-800 RAM has had issues in 2 of my motherboards, limiting the
maximum FSB I could reach (topping out WELL below the memorys rated speed) when
populated with 4 sticks. Switching to 4 sticks of another RAM solved the issues
and the OCZ will work at full speed in other boards......Just oddities like
that which leave me thinking "never again".

So far Geil has worked like a charm, I have also built many systems recently
with the Corsair XMS2 RAM, the corsair commands a much higher fee here in the
UK though.

Regards,

Jason Tozer
Database Analyst