Hi folks,

I don't ask much of the list very often but I'm up against it now. I am running
all Linksys equipment, BEFCU10 cable modem, BEFSx41 hardware firewall router,
and a WRT54G wireless router setup as an access point off the wired router.

PC is custom with Aopen m/b, 1GB Corsair dual channel RAM. Athlon 2600+ CPU,
120 and 250GB Seagate Harddrives, Nvidia FX5500, 256MB video, Liteon DVD
burner, and Viewsonic E70f+ monitor.

My up and download speeds have slowed to near dial-up proportions,
consistently. For example, I start a download of something, from anywhere, and
get an immediate burst of speed, 4,5, or 6MB, and it immediately begins to slow
to 1-300K, some times less!

I have checked my speeds with Broadband, DSL, and SpeedTest. All give the same
results in the 2-300K area downloading. I have called Comcast regarding this
and all they came up with was to disconnect everything and connect directly to
the modem. They claimed that their equipment indicated that I was getting
4-5+MB consistently and uploads in the 350K vicinity. I did connect directly to
the modem and, for once, Comcast was telling the truth.

This all started sometime after I had installed the wireless router. We had a
defective Netgear which it replaced. I have removed the wireless completely and
it is still slow.

I have removed the wired router, reset it, and tried a new setup. No luck.

Removed wired router and tried to set up wireless as primary. I had no luck
with this as it does not recognize the wireless router. I have no idea why.

When all routers are connected the connected PC and laptop work perfectly,
except very, very slow. My email is so slow downloading that it occasionally
times out. Please yell if you need some more info.

I am sending this to two lists to warn those of you that are on both.

Sorry for the long post, but can anyone help?

Jeff