FORC5 wrote:
FWIW my old 314 is alive and well in a friends house.
good solid, no extra feature router.

Still running a FVS318 8 port myself with a spare in the pile along with a
newer 4 port RP614 someone just gave me who went WIFY

Wish I could goto 1000 base with all the crap on my server. ( image files and
such) some day. Actually my MB has the NIC, I just need the card and router. :'(
Keep the router, add a GigE switch, and as many PCI/PCI-E cards as you need.

That you uplink to the router is 100mbit won't matter at all, as your internet connect is well below that. You will just have 7 unused ports on the router (less, if you have 100Mbit devices that you don't mind putting behind a single 100Mbit port, such as network printers, etc).

5 Port (4 usable, due to uplink to your router): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833129012 8 Port (7 usable, due to uplink to your router): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833129013

I personally like the realtek 8169 (many will call me crazy...) for PCI nics:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833166004

Two decent PCI-E options (marvel and realtek, I have used the Marvel, but it can get twitchy under link from time to time, have not touched the Realtek yet):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833166015
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833166019
Harry
tallyhohoho
fp

At 02:35 PM 2/18/2008, DHSinclair Poked the stick with:
Thank you to all who put up with my very many stupid questions!
The old (NAT only) rt-314 router is still alive and well.  After many hours of peeking
and poking, it is now fully happy and ready for "spare" work should my current
router takes a powder.