Gah. This again?

No, SP3 does not speed up XP. The test everybody references was comparing MS
Office 2007 pre- and post-SP3, and the improvement was only 10%. I am not
sure that I could actually determine if office is running 30% faster, let
alone 10%.

Other tests have not found any appreciable difference in any other aspect.

Vista SP1 does better in lower-memory systems too, from what I've heard.

Greg