Not being an EE could not argue for or against Monster
except on wires or
interconnects as they tend to call them which I also
think are snake oil unless
maybe your talking 1000's of feet or outside runs,
still....

My rule of surge protectors is buy only ones that come
with insurance like the
APC's (and several other brands) do or they are simply
overrated power taps.

Hayes Elkins wrote:

> The monster fancy stuff that had filtering (the
higher end had higher "stages" of filtering") drove me
nuts because it definitely changed the sound, couldn't
put my finger on it but it sounded a bit duller. Most
of this power filtering crap is just that - crap. Pure
snake oil. $5000 for a power cord? Awesome. I don't
want anything in the chain CHANGING the sound, for the
good or worse.

> I just plug my amp straight into the wall plug
outlet. OH NOES!!! UNCLEAN POWER!!! You can "surge"
your entire house with a single device on the cheap
that will give the same amount protection and "clean
power" that a>$1K monster deck will provide, like
here; http://www.dulley.com/docs/f760.htm

> I'd just get an inexpensive multi-outlet device that
looks esthetically pleasing to your eye - and one that
has the capacity to protect all of the items plugged
into it (and avoid putting things like laser printers
on the circuit). Just be mindful of any equipment that
needs a 20amp run instead of 15.

Be a better friend, newshound, and