The first real objective proof I came across that really opened my eyes (and
maybe my ears?) was Roger Russell's rant (a former engineer of high end
McIntosh speakers and amps)

http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm

And for shits and giggles, I present to you all the most profoundly stupid
audiophile snake oil ever offered for sale: Pebbles. Bags of pebbles to be
exact. I think a bag of crack rock would be more beneficial to modifying the
perceived sound passing through your ears, especially after smoking a bit of
the bag's contents ->  http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina31.htm

> Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 21:40:35 -0400
> To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [H] Surge suppressor / power filter
>
> Brian, Ignore my last reply.
> Hayes, Just kidding! (sort of)
> Winterlight, All my life I've waited for an objective proof of this. Not
> sure your friend is correct, but, at this time we live in, I will accept
> his non-scientific opinion. Audio business is seriously "back-yard."
> We are now all a very "video-centric" bunch of tweaks, I believe.
> Best,
> Duncan
>
> At 15:39 03/11/2008 -0700, you wrote:
>
>>A good friend of mine is a EE who works for Micron. He is responsible for
>>final testing, and certification of all new memory. He is a big time
>>audiophile, and likes improvisional jazz. In fact, he has had a lot of
>>success with a side business designing and making high end headphone amps,
>>and last I heard Apple certified his products to be ipod worthy.
>>
>>I once asked him about the importance of cabling. He told me that when he
>>was a grad student he decided to build a tester to check different audio
>>wiring in order to come up with the best one. He discovered that not only
>>was there very little difference, if any, between brands, but Walmart
>>brand performed the best for his tester!

Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your HotmailĀ®-get your
"fix".