And the same issue exists in Vista SP1. From what I've read real quick, it
looks like the delay isn't to fix SP3, but rather to put filtering in place
on MU/WU to prevent automatic deployment to those users running GP RMS. The
SP itself will not be modified, it seems.

I very much doubt that the issue is anything more than what MS has indicated
it is.

I deployed SP3 to 9 machines at work...they're fairly low end
demo/presentation systems...no issues, but they don't do much beyond running
IE, and it was a new, clean install.

Greg