Do I have really bad luck??

In the only two non-business related computers I've built in the last ~2 years, I've had a lot of things go wrong! I've never had graphic cards fail before, but I guess with the heat/energy/complexity of the latest cards, it's become a lot more common?

1st computer--ATI x1900XT graphics card emitted a very audible high- pitched whine. RMAed. replacement card started getting artifacts just after the 1 year warranty ended, now crashes when entering 3d mode at all. Original hard disk also died (seagate, in warranty period thankfully). In the meanwhile, still running original WD Raptor!

2nd computer (dell)--added an nvidia 8800gt to a q6600 dell, it works fine for 1.5 months, and then starts crashing hard. graphic artifacts from the second the screen turns on.

Scott