I just got the new Ubuntu and decided to try it.
I put in the CD, followed the instructions to install, and the darn thing trashed both my hard drives by the time it was through.
I had an EXT3 partition I thought it would use.
That drive it wiped everything off it and took over the end of the other drive. It squashed my 2 other partitions right up against each other at the beginning of the drive, taking up all the extra space. All my data was on partition 2 and it squashed it so tightly I can not even access it.
The first partition had my Windows on it.
Windows would still run, but it was useless because it could not access the data on partition 2. Can anyone tell me how to install Ubuntu without trashing everything after I get my computer back running again?
Or is it necessary to install it on it's own box?
Sam