At least now it boots without having the DVD correct?
Maybe now go thru the BIOS and check for everything being good and right.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Brian Weeden
Sent: Saturday, July 05, 2008 7:06 AM
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: Re: [H] Vista install lacking boot files

I found a BIOS update for my mobo and applied i t, then reset the CMOS
on the PC.  Now the problem is even worse - it hangs for several
minutes on a blank screen after the DMI update and then loads Vista.
Once it gets past that it works fine.

I've hit the boot drive with every HD utility I can think of and it
all check out just fine.  But I might just replace it anyways and see
if that helps.

---
Brian

On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 8:00 AM, mark.dodge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If you have tried boot ini and MBR fixes then it would seem to me that
there
> is something in the BIOS knackered to not boot from the HD.

/1535 - Release Date: 7/4/2008 5:03 PM