those pop ups are usually scare tactics to get you to click on something and
install their spyware.

did you look at it in his machine ? If drive is wiped restore disks are
available from HP for usually less the $50

fp

At 09:14 AM 8/11/2008, Joe User Poked the stick with:

--
Tallyho ! ]:8)
Taglines below !