The only problem with the ATI cards is that they do not perform as they should
do in a few games, unfortunately, crysis is one of them.

When you look at the benchmark results its clear that the nVidia cards fair a
lot better at that game, which is annoying when the ATI beats it on just about
everything else.....and if its a game that works well with crossfire, the ATI
normally slaughters the nVidia card.

I recently bought the 4870x2 myself and I am very happy with the card, no heat
issues (but I did slap an EK full-cover waterblock on it :P ) and performance
is great. I can run most games at either 1920x1200 or 2560x1600....although
crysis does drop to ~20fps at times @ 1920x1200 to give you an idea of just how
hard this game can cane a system.

As for drivers, both nVidia and ATI have their fair share of
issues....Especially on Vista. My Catalyst Control Centre crashes 50% of the
time on windows startup for instance and my 8800GTX never used to re-initialise
after a system suspend, plus when installing a new driver version there is a
chance of losign display during the install....etc etc...

As for the ATI fan issues....They are still there (or so I have been told - I
obviously removed mine) but there is a VERY simple XML fix available for it
where you can set your own fan options.

Jason Tozer

 [CC]Personal[/CC]
otherwise protected from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, please telephone or email the sender and
attachment from your system.  If you are not the intended recipient you must
not copy this message or attachment
or disclose the contents to any other person.

Clifford Chance LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England &
Wales under number OC323571.
The firm's registered office and principal place of business is at 10 Upper
Bank Street, London, E14 5JJ.
For further details, including a list of members and their professional
qualifications, see our website
at www.cliffordchance.com. The firm uses the word 'partner' to refer to a
member of Clifford Chance LLP or
an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications. The firm
is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. The Authority's rules can
be accessed by clicking on the following link:
http://www.sra.org.uk/code-of-conduct.page

Clifford Chance as a global firm regularly shares client and/or matter-related
data among its different
offices and support entities in strict compliance with internal control
policies and statutory requirements.
Incoming and outgoing email communications may be monitored by Clifford Chance,
as permitted by applicable law and regulations.

For further information about Clifford Chance please see our website at
http://www.cliffordchance.com or refer
to any Clifford Chance office.