I think, guess here, that you have to disassociate it from Outlook in Winfax setup.

At 11:55 AM 10/1/2008, you wrote:
I know this is OLD stuff, doing a clean install on a new XP sp3 install. Winfax works BUT If I try to enter user data ( phone numbers ) either in winsetup or phone book program explodes

I have seen this bug in the past pre sp3 and ie7 but can not remember the fix. Does anyone please have better memory then me. ?

Obviously Symantec is worthless, supposedly a fix at http://www.getfaxing.com/ but they want $$$ and without any guaranties

I remember it being a simple fix but failed to write it down, OR can not remember where I wrote it >:-o

thanks
fp

BTW 10.04 version

--