Could it be simply IE7 related? I hit a bug trying re-install an old UltraEdit-32 where if you had IE7 it would just hang during install. Frakkers would not even give me the highest 10.x version they made and were pushing me to pay to upgrade v14, grrrr!.

Maybe time to run it in a VM of Win98SE which is what it was written for? ;)

FORC5 wrote:
I know this is OLD stuff,  doing a clean install on a new XP sp3 install.
Winfax works BUT If I try to enter user data ( phone numbers ) either in
winsetup or phone book program explodes

I have seen this bug in the past pre sp3 and ie7 but can not remember the fix.
Does anyone please have better memory then me. ?

Obviously Symantec is worthless, supposedly a fix at http://www.getfaxing.com/
but they want $$$ and without any guaranties

I remember it being a simple fix but failed to write it down, OR can not remember
where I wrote it >:-o

thanks
fp

BTW 10.04 version