I'm getting a ready to get one for myself and have been doing a lot of research.

XBox

Largest selection of games.

Red ring of death. covered by MS but you lose the unit for a few weeks while
you are getting a refurb. If you google red ring and xbox you will see a lot
about it.
You are giving more money to Bill Gates. :)
Pay for network play.

PS3

Built in Blu Ray. (Could not find a solid answer on when Xbox will have wither
internal or a add on unit)

Does not have a huge line up of games. (don't get me wrong it has them just not
as large as Xbox)
Online game play is free in their network.

Hope I got that right and I am sure there are some big game players that can
give you a lot more info than me. Just thought it was funny I have been asking
the same questions!

Wii is looking more and more intriguing though.

> Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 18:19:29 -0500
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
> Subject: [H] PS3 or Xbox360
>
> Time to do some Xmas shopping. Going to get either PS3 or XBOX360 for my
> dayghter.
>
> Does it really matter?

When your life is on the go—take your life with you.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/115298558/direct/01/