I did not follow enough (if it was mentioned before) that some of the ISPs were NOT blocking port 25. Sorry if I missed that.
Given that blocking is the latest ISP trend to help stop spammers,
I set up all my accounts, hosting services, and ports to eliminate
the problem for good.
I never liked crawling on my hands and knees begging my
ISP for special exceptions to their company policy.
It is so much easier to deal with the way I did.
(Authenticated sends in the port 5xx range.)
Any third party e-mail hosting service that does NOT offer that as
an option is just asking for trouble...
When I was a Prodigy customer, my legit ISP email was blocked
by my sister's ISP because Prodigy used open relay rented servers
on someone else's network. That made me look like I was sending from
the wrong place, and/or those servers were black listed as open relays...
Funny things happen.
I had to use actual spammer techniques to write to her, sort of proving
they can't stop a dedicated user  that wants to beat their lame
anti-spam defenses...  <grin>

I don't use my Verizon e-mail since they proved to be so poor at
handling it correctly.  I had massive problems with list e-mail
originating from LSoft servers a few years ago... (Plus others.)
(Don't get me started about Verizon.)

                                                     Rick Glazier

From: "Scott Sipe"
Hi Rick,

I think you're right--I at least don't disagree with anything you said :) I'm glad my current ISP does not block port 25 anymore. My last two--Cox and SBC--did.