IIRC there are two flavors of MemTest86, one with a Plus (+) at the end that
was newer?

http://www.memtest.org/

When I was testing issues with VPU recover on my new system as was being told to blame my RAM I tried both and think MemTest86+ was the one that ran correctly for me.

Rick Glazier wrote:
Memtest86 v2 is on a lot of the Linux and UltimateWindows Boot CDs.
I use it on all new memory.
Today I tested very similar memory to stuff I just tested successfully.
It is failing.
It is all new quality DDR 3200 400/333 1g stuff.
These last two were a little cheaper. (Kingston Value RAM)

I noticed Memtest86 is up to ver 3.4a
Should that make any difference?

Here is a screen shot of the results.
<http://img49.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ricksscreenshot468ag8.jpg>

I did not reseat the RAM, as I never had to before...

Any opinions?  Re-seat it, RMA it?

                                                Rick Glazier