From: "maccrawj"
IIRC there are two flavors of MemTest86, one with a Plus (+) at the end that
was newer?

Thanks, I'm testing  memtest86 1.70, memtest86 2.0, and the different
memtest86+ 3.4a

v1.70 has no errors in about 6 hours,
v2.0 1700+ in 35 hours,
3.4a 122 in over 9 hours. All failures are in test #8, and seem to be one memory location (when listed as such.).

I'll test the same companies "better ram" next, (see you next week), and see if
the
worst one above gets the same results. It worked up till now except with this
last matching pair of these lower quality sticks.  (Kingston Value RAM)

These sticks have never been placed in normal use, they have only been tested...

Bummer, Rick Glazier