I am at a standstill on my checking.
Would there be any danger in using a second known good psu and just plugging in the 24 pin main supply cable and leave the HD power on the old power supply? This would show up if there was a break in one of the power wires in the old power supply without just changing ir all out.
Sam

FORC5 wrote:
I have always used pins 16 and 10

At 01:10 PM 11/23/2008, DHSinclair Poked the stick with:
Sam,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATX

IIRC, if you jumper pins 15 and 16, you will do the same thing the m/b's
internal switching logic does to turn the system on.  Please do not hold me to
my choice of pins. Others in the collective have much more experience with this
and may offer other choices of pins.

And, in all truth, I have not really seen all that many true internal wiring
problems in modern PC cases since ~1975.  I have only seen one m/b whose
internal switching logic went bad or died.  I would focus on the m/b ground
logic and/or the psu.  Jumpering the 24-pin power connector should really be a
last ditch kind of trial.
Best,
Duncan