j.,
Thanks. You confirm my observations completely. I know I have to move to the new PCI-e interface. I'll chum for AGP cards for my remaining 2 "old" clients until I can afford to bring them into the light of the current day.

I will save my old PCI Matrox cards for my server! I know that the on-board Rage chip is getting to run out of gas........... :) No way I can afford to replace/upgrade my server ATM.
Best,
Duncan