-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Winterlight
Sent: 04 December 2008 19:24
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: [H] Vista 64 issues and questions

In the past I always have set up my drive
C = Primary 2GB FAT32 Boot.. where I have the boot files and MBR
then I have a logical drive with separate partitions that typically dual
boot
XP1 on D
XP2 on C

I tried this as a trial run on my new setup with C as boot drive, D
as Vista 64 and E as  a new install clean XPSP3. I installed XP first
and then Vista 64. Vista boot loader sees XP but when it starts to
load XP but then  it just does a spontaneous reboot.

Anybody know why?

What are Vista 64 using for anti virus, anti malware, and firewall?
Is Vista's firewall and Defender good enough to do the job here? What
about anti virus?

Brian, I began to have the shutdown issue right after I installed
VMWare Workstation.