On Thu, 4 Dec 2008, Winterlight wrote:

In the past I always have set up my drive
C = Primary 2GB FAT32 Boot.. where I have the boot files and MBR
then I have a logical drive with separate partitions that typically dual boot
XP1 on D
XP2 on C

I tried this as a trial run on my new setup with C as boot drive, D as Vista 64 and E as a new install clean XPSP3. I installed XP first and then Vista 64. Vista boot loader sees XP but when it starts to load XP but then it just does a spontaneous reboot.

Anybody know why?

What are Vista 64 using for anti virus, anti malware, and firewall? Is Vista's firewall and Defender good enough to do the job here? What about anti virus?

Brian, I began to have the shutdown issue right after I installed VMWare Workstation.

I've been happy with Avast! for Vista64. I never bother with the built in firewall since I just run Vista for gaming (WoW, TF2, other steam games) and I have a Firewall on my network connection.

Christopher Fisk
--
Leela: Hey, you know what might be a hoot?
Professor: No. Why would I know that?

believed to be clean.