Hey,

I am in the process of building a new machine.  I have decided on a limit of
about $300 to spend on the video card.  I am an NVidia guy so I have no
plans on an ATI card.

Guru3d.com has a review of the yet-to-be released Nvidia GTX 295 here
(retail - $500):

http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-295-preview/

Newegg.com has an EVGA GTX 280 for $425 - $100 IR - $20 MIR = $305

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130365
<http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130365&CMP=AFC-C8J
unction> &CMP=AFC-C8Junction

My questions for you all are:

1)      Do you think the GTX 280s will come down in price more than this
once the 295s come out?

2)      Aren't the 280s supposed to use the smaller die size (55nm I think)
like the 295s will use?

3)      Anyone know any reasons why I should wait a bit longer to get a VC?

Thanks,

Bobby