Christopher,
No. My home network is really simple. 1 server, 4/6 XP clients, 2 GBit switches, 1 NAS, 1 Router, 1 xDSL modem. I have never promoted my server to domain controller status. Been told my home network is not complex enough to justify this.

I will check out both of your links. Most of my MS research indicates that any "TimeServer" like tool/app I choose to run on my server requires me to enable services I just do not want/need to run ATM. I just do not have enough background yet. As I said, this year's project!

What I'd like to have is some tool/app run on the server that sets LAN time via NIST.gov (or whomever). Then I'd like my LAN clients to set their time from my server; not some external source. If I could figure out how to just point all LAN machines to time check with my router, that would be another workable solution also; my router gets its' time from NIST.
Thanks,
Duncan