From: Steve Tomporowski <didym...@gmail.com>
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 8:58:37 AM
Subject: Re: [H] Message format in Outlook 2003

A little bit of searching and I've found out that we're pretty much
screwed.  If we had Word 2003, we could use that as editor and do any
conversion, since we've never upgraded, that's that.

The whole idea of using rtf is to keep the email and attachment
together.  If you save as html, then you have to save the attachment
separately or at least in the screwed up way our system is now.

As for why, it's fit for a dilbert cartoon.  Apparently if the message
is in it's native form, either still in outlook or saved as a .msg
file, our lawyers believe that it is admissible as evidence in court.
As soon as it is changed in form, it's not admissible in court.  It
seems that our lawyers believe that we either are or will in the
future do plenty of stuff to get us into legal trouble, so they want
to cover their buttocks.  Of course, if one of our customers knows
about this, they can screw us over royally by producing emails they
have, but we have long since deleted.  We would have no leg to stand
on.

Steve