Okay, OK!  Forget the 500GB drive.
I dug in my closet and found a new spare SATA 160GB drive ..........
Off to get Office back running XPpro again..............
Bad news is that the old 160GB drive is NOT seen/recognized in POST by another
duplicate PC. Bummer!
If it were'nt for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all............... :)
Duncan