I also have cleaned up a Trojan on mine where now the clock is military time
but my cd/dvd drives are still there.

-----Original Message-----
From: hardware-boun...@hardwaregroup.com
[mailto:hardware-boun...@hardwaregroup.com] On Behalf Of Veech
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2009 18:49
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: [H] Did System Cleanup, Now XP Does Not Recognize Lite-On DVD-RW

I had to do a major clean-up after getting infected with a nasty virus a few
days ago.  Now I'm finding that a lot of my XP settings are goofed up and
need to be reset. Some are minor, such as the clock in the toolbar being
military time.

But one major glitch is that now XP is showing my 2 Lite-On DVD-RWs in
hardware profiles with a yellow warning icon, and they are not showing as
recognized drives in "My Computer",  I tried uninstalling then and
rebooting, but XP still did not see them as new hardware.  ack!

There aren't "drivers" available, although there is a firmware update
available but I don't know if that would help or not.  Directions for
installing the firmware say to burn the data to a CDR..  duh..  CDR isn't
working!

Any ideas?

thanks,

Veech