Home defaults to loging in a "guest" AFAIK due to lack of security controls & permanent "simple file sharing" enabled. That would explain need alternate credentials.

Home is an abomination for the simple fact that it was security related things that were removed!

FORC5 wrote:
Correct LAN not WAN, internet works fine either WIFY or hardwired
Router assigns the ip
correct, one local box comes right back in on reboot, the other two did not.
Workaround was to give it the same user/pw as the other boxes. Lame work around
I know. Have seen this over and over in Home, but sometimes home works even
with a different workgroup. Very strange I think.

thanks
fp

At 03:21 PM 2/18/2009, maccrawj Poked the stick with:
1. LAN not WAN
2. It gets an IP
3. can talk to one system but not others

Can you ping all the other systems?
What about internet?
Logon in what sense, to a share?

FORC5 wrote:
Just picked up a netbook for travel. Being XP Home it will not stay connected
to my LAN on reboot. Well most anyway. Have 3 systems on the LAN, one it re
connects to, the others it does not and I have no idea. Barring putting in Pro
there has to be a way to tell Home to reconnect at log on since it does connect
to one.
I have looked in the past for the answer to this with no luck. Pro has the
little box telling it to log back on. Has to be a way to force home to do the
same thing.
Thanks
fp
--