On Fri, 20 Feb 2009, Veech wrote:

Is there any harm in running more than one AV program at the same time? I have three programs installed, AVG 8.0, Spy-Bot and Malwarebyte. They each take about 45 mins to 1 hr to run. Sometimes I'll run 2 of them overnight at the same time. Is there any way that doing this will cause either one to miss something? Could I possibly run all 3 at the same time?

Running something like Spy Bot or Malwarebytes at the same time as an Antivirus scan is unnessary.

Think about it:  Your AV program has an "on access" scanner.

When you scan your computer for Malware using Malwarebytes, it's opening up each file and looking at it for malware.

Before the AV program lets Malwarebytes look at the program it scans it, and if it's detected as a virus you will get a notification.

Christopher Fisk
--
Merchant: Sir, I must strongly advise you, do not purchase this. Behind every wish lurks grave misfortune. I, myself, was one president of Algeria.
Homer:  C'mon, pal, I don't want to hear your life story!  Paw me.

believed to be clean.