Ribbon takes a lot to get used to. I personally don't like it. I feel slower
with it.

The big problem is that you can't customize with it, you can't make your own ribbon or icon your macros. After years of creating Macros and menus to make my job go easier they are gone. It is not something I am going to be able to live with.

But I strongly disagree that it is change for the sake of change.

The ribbon was put there to make it easy for all to use in a windows live experience, where people won't personalize their apps, and MS can define all the parameters, all of which makes for easy support.

MS is obsessed with cloud computing, but my guess is that they will loose out on that to Goggle. Personally, I don't see companies paying of cloud computing.

I've actually noticed something quite interesting...for users that
previously had zero or limited experience with Office, it appears to be a
massive win.

I can see that, but why cater exclusively to the lowest common denominator. What is smart, or innovative about that? It is a marketing strategy, not a innovative or even a clever strategy .... which is why they will end up losing out to Goggle, or open source.