From: DSinc <dx7...@bellsouth.net>
Sent: Jun 11, 2009 5:05 PM
To: Hardware Group <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Subject: [H] DSL outage during storms seems to be FIXED!

I recall asking opinions about loosing dsl during rain and/or TStorms in the past. I am in SE USA. ISP is ATT/BellSouth.

Today I can report that I believe my original Westell 6100 either went bad, or, became highly sensitive to external electrical storms; well, perhaps the inductive additions on the phone line.

I have been back online with a replacement Motorola Netopia 2210-02-1006 modem since 5/28/09. I have not lost SYNC once since. Hot little sucker, but all seems well. Just had a Thunder-Boomer w/heavy rain come through and my dsl connection never dropped or even rotated its' IP addy. I figure this trouble is over, for now. On to other stuff................ :)

Thank you for all your help, opinion, suggestions and recs.
Best,
Duncan

Mark Dodge